This Recorder shows up in Chrome, Firefox, Opera. Safari and DuckDuckGo can record and save but not play back!
You may have to record each question separately, due to restrictions on recording length (5 minutes)!
Press the button to start recording.
Warm up Questions
These questions help to relax both of you.
- How did you come to live in our community?
- Where would you take a friend or relation, so that they could ‘experience’ our community?
- Tell us something about our community, something that happened to you, or something that happens here regularly that reflects what is great or what you love about this community.
- What would you miss in our community if it wasn’t here? Why?
- What about our community is important to continue into the future? What would you change if you could?
What do you want to learn?
Choose among the questions below, depending on , or ask your own questions.
Thoughts on what matters most in the community
- What brought you to Rosendale, and why do you stay?
- What matters most to you about living here?
- What special place or characteristic captures the spirit of Rosendale?
- What, if lost, would fundamentally change the character of Rosendale?
- What do you want your children (or other young) to experience here when they grow up?
Thoughts on a person’s hopes and concerns for the community
- What do you hope to see, feel, or experience in our town five years from now?
- What would make staying here easier?
- What would you like to see be the same here five years from now?
- What would you like to see changed?
How to target a specific story
- Tell me about a time when….
- Can you give me a specific example of when…?
- What is your favorite memory of when…?
To dive deeper with a question or a topic
- Can you tell me more about that?
- What do you mean by that?
- Why is that important to you?
- Why is that a critical part of the story?
- What about your experience speaks to what’s important about your town?
- Finish the interview by asking:
- Is there anything else you’d like to share?
- Do you have suggestions for others to interview? (get email or phone number)
- Can I take a snapshot? (If you are not videotaping.)
- Thank them and give them a sticker!
- Stop recording.
- Take a snapshot of the release.